Wednesday 5 January 2022

It's death, Jim, but not as we know it

I suppose your first blog post should be something well thought out and profound.  Well, on this occasion I have decided to go for ill-considered and trivial.

I love to read fiction, work in a library and have in the last few years become considerably less enamoured by modern crime and thriller novels – the obsession with ‘reality’ and gore in place of a puzzle and a good story is seriously leaving me cold.

I have, however, replaced the modern and the mundane with classic murder which is a lot more wholesome and entertaining.

I love ‘golden-age’ and classic crime writing and thought it might be worth sharing my thoughts on classic crime novels (as well as some contemporary books) as I come across them and I hope this will be of interest to anyone who comes across this blog! 

Please feel free to agree with me or tell me what I have missed in a novel that makes it great.  Let’s have a conversation but please, in the manner of the golden age, let’s be polite!

 

So to kick things off…

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon people! Sometimes you have to engage your brain when reading!

The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton   This was a book I was very keen to read and then somehow it fell off my list. I am...